DREAMSEA Student Research 2023Zhella Apriesta
Jakarta – PPIM, Dreamsea (Digital Repository of Endangered and Affected Manuscripts in Southeast Asia) is a program for preserving and safeguarding manuscripts owned by Southeast Asians. The program was established in 2017 through a partnership between the Center for the Study of Islam and Society (PPIM) at UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta and the Centre for the Study of Manuscript Cultures (CSMC) at the University of Hamburg in Germany. Dreamsea has been successful in digitizing 7,500 volumes of manuscripts over the course of more than five years with over 468,000 images being documented in an online database (Dreamsea Repository). With the extensive digital manuscript data that it already owns, Dreamsea encourages graduate/postgraduate students to take part in the DREAMSEA STUDENT RESEARCH “Embracing the Future, Preserving the Past: Exposing Southeast Asian Cultural Diversity through Digital Manuscripts”
The purpose of this program is to assist graduate/postgraduate students in conducting comprehensive research on Southeast Asia digital manuscripts that have been digitized and are presently accessible in the Dreamsea Repository. The manuscripts are expected to be textually studied through philological editions and contextualized in a wide range of disciplines such as, but not limited to, social, cultural, religious, political, legal, and scientific.
All postgraduate students (MA and PhD) who are pursuing their studies in Indonesia or abroad, across a range of disciplines, are eligible to apply. We offer a maximum research grant of IDR 5,000,000 (Five Million Rupiah) per proposal.
- Manuscript and Ritual
- Manuscript, Religion, and Culture
- Manuscript and Literature
- Manuscripts, Law, and Politics
- Manuscripts and Science
Eligibility of Proposal
1. The proposals are composed in Indonesian or English.
2. Multiple researchers are allowed to submit a proposal.
3. Please refer to the link below for the template. Only proposals following the template will be considered.
4. It is advisable for researchers to develop a budget plan for their research.
5. The present study has not been previously disseminated or financially supported by any academic establishment.
6. It is necessary for an applicant to provide a curriculum vitae that contains his/her current student identification numbers and a comprehensive list of his/her scientific publications (if applicable).
1. Call for Proposal : June 13-23, 2023
2. Proposal Acceptance Notification : July 10, 2023
3. Implementation of Research : July 18 – November 3, 2023
4. Report on Interval Research : October 3-4, 2023
5. International Colloquium : November 14-16, 2023
6. Final Report : December 15, 2023
VISIT THIS LINK FOR SUBMISSION & PROPOSAL TEMPLATE https://dreamsea.co/student-research-en/